Saturday, March 27, 2010

Here is a repeat picture for a brand new reason. Okay you asked for it so here it is. Don't get mad if they make you fat! ORANGE CREAM CUPCAKES



UPDATE 4/4/10!!!! I forgot to put the zest of one orange into the cupcake recipe!


CAKE
Use a white cake mix (OR YOUR OWN WHITE CAKE RECIPE)and follow directions except.....

Sub water with OJ (or for extra Orangey Cupcakes take OJ concentrate and make
your OJ super strong)
Then add 1 tsp of Orange Extract (Best flavor is that McCormic Brand that all
grocery stores carry)

CUPCAKES ARE READY TO BE COOKED NOW

FROSTING
Blend one cube of butter and a block of cream cheese
Slowly add 5 cups of powdered sugar
Slowly add heavy whipping cream for a smoother texture but not runny at all
(I think I usually do 1/2 cup or a little more, I just eyeball it. Keep
it pretty thick though so that it will stay where you put it when you ice)
Last step.. add like 1-1.5 tsp of orange extract

LET THE CUPCAKES COMPLETELY COOL THEN PIPE ON THE FROSTING FROM A GIANT ZIPLOCK WITH A TINY CORNER CUT OFF. YUMMY!

No comments: