Went to Utah to visit The James/Bentley Duos waaaaaaaaayyyyyy back in September. Their houses and yards were awesome, I managed to get pics of Chels and Adam's. Didn't have my camera for Cub and Amanda's house and yard....think hammocks, chickens, apple trees and a unique home with lots of odd nooks and crannys. All of the houses in Utah are on so much land compared to Southern California. We were jealous.
We stayed at Adam and Chelsea's house.
These ones are from inside the house one day. Lulu must have been taking a nap.
One day we decided to go on a long hike then go camping. I was really nervous about it because I've seen pictures from the girls' blogs that showed them crossing a log over a raging river with the babies on their backs. No thanks. I told them that's where we would turn around. Instead we stopped early because the sun was going down and everyone wanted to play in the lake. YESSSSSSSS.
Don't let Dan's baby backpack fool you. This picture was from the parking lot which is the only place I had my camera for the hike. I actually wore the backpack for the hike.
And the trooper.... pregnant with twins, sick as a dog, hiking with a 2 year old on her back.
The lake was pretty from a far but slimy around the edges so everyone started playing with babies and cameras instead.
Camping....hee hee. Now that I think about it, they may never want us to come back because they are all so hardcore and we were a few sticks in the mud. We really wanted to go for the food, fun and campfire, but the little one is a horrible sleeper still so we weren't so sure it would work. But seriously.... 4 babies and camping, RISKY. We put our best effort in but Buds woke up 2 times so we peaced out. We stayed the entire night before everyone was getting ready for bed then took off with Adam and Chels around midnight. Oh yeah and there were "Beware of Bears" signs everywhere. I spilled Ketchup all over my sweatshirt and pants, that would have been no bueno, especially since they didn't even want you to have deodorant or toothpaste in your tents.
And now for the backyard adventure. I'm too lazy to put all of these in order. Basically we saw a buck and Adam, Dan, and I took Charlie and followed it all over the property. You'll see it here and there. In the distance we heard their kitty meow, we saw it bouncing over the brush every 2 feet like a rabbit. Eventually it caught up with us and followed us everywhere we went...by the awesome little spring that Charlie played in once (which becomes a raging river in the Spring ...I think), through the brush and even into the neighbors yards as we walked along the river. I'm a sucker for cats! ANYWAYS... back to the yard, there was no brush too thick for Adam to conquer...Dan and I on the other hand took a few roundabout paths. :)
Here are a few of my favs from the trip that I was saving because I didn't know if I would use them in a Christmas card but as usual, I couldn't get it together on time.
And lastly....some pictures I stole from Amanda. Thanks to my talented Photographer friend! If you look at her former post from the same day you can see lots of pictures that we took at the same time from different perspectives. It's kind of cool.
Summer 2019
-
This was the summer of keeping it simple. Lots of pool days, playdates and
trips to the library. The boys were so sweet and patient with their very
...
6 years ago



















3 comments:
Yayy! finally i'm so glad you posted. good times, good times. It was so fun having you guys stay with us. Hopefully next time I won't be such a lemon. Let's play soon! we mis you guys
i feel like i was in a dream. darce your camping trip was rad. you ladies are all so beautiful. so glad you guys went.
Damn you 3 are pretty
Post a Comment